Kaity's Finds: Will Ska Fashion Go "One Step Beyond?"



That I'm not really sure of, but I'll rock steady with it regardless.

"But, what is ska?" Some have asked me.

I was a little shocked at how many had never even heard of ska before.

That is how I decided my "find" today would be dedicated to what ska is, and how we can incorporate it into our everyday fashionable lives!

Anyway, are you guys ready to find out what ska is? Ok.. here we go...

Ska is what created reggae! Yup. It's true! Before we had Bob Marley jammin' about "One Love" in the 70's, there was Prince Buster (circa late 1950's) skanking it up on the dance floor adorned in a fashion I covet.

What is that fashion like, you say? It's all about TWO-TONE! Black and white! Gwen Stefani, member of the ska band No Doubt, also designer of clothing company "L.A.M.B", would make a great example on how to take your ska fashion senses one giant step beyond.

Here are some of Stefani's most chic ska inspired designs by L.A.M.B...

 
Clothing and accessories I found that would suit the most stylish skankster....
Checkerboard dress by Very
Cute two tone hair pin.

.
I love this checkered necklace and earring set.
Wristlet by Marc Jacobs 




Taking Ska back to the early 1960's with this stylish shot...


Gwen Stefani speaks about how her "ska girl" fashion sense lead up to the creation of L.A.M.B...


SKA MUSIC!




Now you should be more than prepared to skank out onto that dance floor in vogue!

I would like to give props to my uncle, A.K.A. Randy Now, (renowned DJ/Promoter of City Gardens and creator of the first "All Ska" radio show in America), for teaching me everything I know. Thanks man, and thanks to all our readers for, welll... reading!

Stay tuned next week for another edition of Kaity's Finds!

Love,
Kaity Stardust

Comments

OMG Your blog posts are so much prettier than mine! Can't wait to read this! : )
just realized you included Madness ("duh" lol sorry). Oh how I've always loved Madness!
Kaity Stardust said…
did you know how madness got their name?

they took it from a song called madness by prince buster in 1963!


"our house... in the middle of our street..." hahhaah.

Popular Posts