Knot Again! The Beauty of Knotted Jewelry and a Splurge or Steal

Knots have shown us that something that is an intricate mess can be astonishingly beautiful and strong at the same time.  Knots can tie two things together.  Knots can help make something stronger.  Knots literally create a fabric as a whole (as my mother always tells me, its "knitted fabric," not "knitting")  Knots can get in the way.  Knots can be created to slip or created to be unbreakable.  Knots in and of themselves can be so amazingly beautiful that we now wear them in absense of any utilitarian duty (most of us aren't sailors).

Knots have a symbolism that can be twisted endlessly to draw metaphor to the countless aspects of life as we know it.  I've always been fascinated by knots.  As a designer I've created, worn, and sold many pieces featuring knots (even pre-knot trend).  That's why I've decided to bring you this splurge or steal on the newly popularized knotted statement necklaces.

Splurge


Kara by Kara Ross Braided Snake Knot Necklace in Gunmetal
Max and Chloe
230.00


Steal

Simply Vera by Vera Wang Gold Tone Multistrand Necklace
Original Price: 24.00
Currently on Sale for: 16.80


The descriptions would tell us that the metal tones are different although they both look to be dark nickel toned in their product pictures.  So how do you like these knots? <3

If you love knots but artisan handmade jewelry is your thing, please see our post on designer Sarah Cavender.

Comments

am gutierrez said…
I do knot know what to write about this post...hahaha - really bad - Love knots ..so many wonderful uses and symbols as you so eloquently and masterfully pointed out - I designed a collection once of crochet and knotted gold wire -you may have inspired me to resurrect it!
IslaChic said…
This is cool the knotted jewelry and your blog! I'm also venturing out into the jewelry world and learning how to create my own pieces, check me out @ islachic.blogspot.com!

Thxs,
IslaChic
Kaity Stardust said…
Am, you should definitely resurrect your crocheted and knotted gold wire! Please? ;P
Hi Isla! Thanks so much for the compliment. I'll be following your blog! : )

Popular Posts