Kaity's Finds: Are you Really Sensitive?

Well you don't have to be a "sensitive" person to be sensitive to jewelry. If you are allergic to nickel or know someone who is, I strongly urge you to read on!

And so we begin...

The other day as I was speaking with a friend about some amazing silver jewelry I found, I noticed a look of dismay on her face. I pondered what could be wrong. So, I asked what was ailing her. In response she told me that she is allergic to nickel.

Feeling bad for having showed her so many pieces that she obviously could not wear, I was compelled to find some beautiful alternatives for her. Thus, my hunt for unique and chic hypoallergenic jewelry began!


There is a new semi-precious metal alloy formula being marketed as a nickel free alternative to silver. It's called Nebula A.K.A. "The New Silver".

Art Deco Silver Pendant by Charles Rennie Macintosh

For all you "sensitive" silver fans out there, Nebula can make for a really good silver alternative. It's also inexpensive, which is something I could never object to!

Another unique alternative I came upon is simple yet superb. What is it, you say? It's ribbon!


Hows-about some brass?!

Rhodium, anyone?

Sea Glass (Definitely a favorite of mine!)

Lovely Leather!
Pretty nice, right? These are not your only options, though! Other hypoallergenic materials are Gold, Titanium Platinum, *Some* Sterling Silver, Stainless Steel, Platinum, Copper, Glass, and Plastic.

So stop crying over the fact that you can't wear nickel, because there are so many other alternatives out there that will kick its butt! As long as you keep an open mind and make sure you know all of the products materials before purchasing, you'll be set.

Hope you enjoyed this one!

Over and out,
-Kaity Stardust

Comments

am gutierrez said…
Great post Kaity..tres informative and has helped me remember alternatives for my "sensitive" clientele!
WendyB said…
One of my customers had an allergic reaction to heavy plating of rhodium (which was done because her chemistry tarnishes silver like none I've ever seen). That was a surprise!
She's got to be a gold girl : )
Pamela Farrell said…
Kaity, Thanks for highlighting some lovely examples of non-sterling jewelry. Looks like it's time for me to let go of my sterling silver jones and embrace alternative materials. Here's to us sensitive girls!

Popular Posts