What happened to Old Money by Yoko Deveraeux?

In 2008, menswear designer Yoko Devereaux launched Old Money, an innovative jewelry line pairing rustic sterling silver chains with modified coins.  The collection, intended to highlight masculinity, seemed to be good fun for everyone.  Cut coin artwork included symbols reminiscent of an egotistical conquesting past (fun to playfully make light of), inclusive of stoic ships, mooseheads, birds of prey, and...ok maybe it was a tad bit masculine.  Old metal and old spice are definitely the scents conjurred up from this jewelry line, but somehow that really wasn't a bad thing!  These pieces fit just as well hanging next to old family tartans on a raw wood cabin wall, as they would  on the 18 year old shopping in Abercrombie and Fitch.  I'd like to think they fit well on me on a lovely autumn day.  I'm pretty sure the idea behind these pieces was for wallstreet brokers to wear them underneath their fitted shirt during the day and then step into some ripped jeans, tear open buttons, and set the pieces atop a ripped chest by night. Hm. Maybe.  I don't know about you, but that's just what I'm getting out of them.


 
...Don't get too excited yet though. For the moment, the Old Money collection has been discontinued.  I'll be keeping an eye on this year's relaunch of the Yoko Devereux collections to see if any new developments arise.  Currently these pieces are not available through retailers, but used to run around $88.

In the fall I would:  
                        ...or some rustic denim...
                                      ...pair with a little plaid  

(personal favorite)

Speaking of money honeys, I'll be be revealing my favorite housewives fronted jewelry line this evening! - I apologize for the blocky pics, transferring wonderful photoshop to the this PC coming soon. 

Comments

Popular Posts