Snake Jewelry - A trend looming in the grasses!

Last weekend's post about the jewelry of Spartacus Blood and Sand started me thinking about snake jewelry Check out Lucretia's (Lucy Lawless's) snake bangle from the post here. This trend has really been "looming" (you guys know I can't resist the puns - sorry!) for the past few years, most commonly seen in bangles, rings, and as a pendant.  The little guy (left) is a take on snake jewelry I've never seen before.  It combines last fall's popular bendable necklaces with head and tail of a snake...seems pretty logical...but is it too costume?  I personally think its pretty fun, and although it isn't for the faint of heart, I have reason to believe its about to really "blow up" as a trend.   In the mean time, let me know if you'd like to see on of these little guys in a jewelry dose daily giveaway (although I'd really have to make you earn him! : )

Examples of the Snake Trend in Fine Jewelry that I adore:


Queen of Scots Necklace by Wendy Brandes
18K gold and Yellow Diamond $7,000


Queen of Scots Earrings (These deserve their own post!) by Wendy Brandes - 18K gold and Yellow Diamond $6,300


Just for fun - Snake Trend in Costume
... Modern Day Lucretia anyone?
MAX & CLEO BLACK SATIN BEADED MINI DRESS NEW 10dress - max & chloe  (earrings - jewelry dose daily 26.00)  



Comments

WendyB said…
Have you seen my Queen of Scots snake pieces? They're fierce. Literally, my snakes have fangs.
Ooh Wendy! Thank you so much for sharing that - This post was super light on goodness, I can't to check out the piece and share it. : )
Anonymous said…
My favorite snake jewelry is here too....

http://www.meadowlark.co.nz/shop/index.php?page=catalog&categoryid=collection&collectionid=10&viewall=y
stacy said…
I totally agree, I love the Wendy Brandes pieces too!
Anonymous said…
What a great mix of the bow and the snake from Meadowlark!

Popular Posts