Madonna & Daughter Lola to Launch New Clothing and Accessories Line "Material Girl" this August 3rd!


Although I sadly don't have pictures of the charade, some 20 years ago I used to drain an entire bottle of aquanet, throw on a cami, black ripped stockings under too-high jean shorts, and top it all off with my mother's very expensive designer fishnetty blouse (she still doesn't know) on a weekly basis.  Afterall, this outfit was essential when rocking out with MyFirstSony.  I'm pretty sure Madonna was to blame for this...but of course, in a good way.  Madonna was a part of my life....which I'm pretty sure was fairly common for young girls in the mid 80's. Immaculate Collection was my first tape, yes, TAPE. (Someone might have to explain that to younger readers unless they happen to attend a dated public elementary school or work for the FBI!)  

Sure, I'd dare not wear hot pants these days, nor would I care to single handedly deplete the ozone with that much hairspray, but once again fashion has shown us that everything and nothing has changed all at the same time. The spirit of fun and innovation that the 1980's embodied will never quite go out of favor. The nearly 6000 fans (pre-launch!) on the facebook for Material Girl, new fashion clothing and accessories line headed up by the one and only Madonna and her now 13 year old daughter Lourdes, prove that.

Madonna's new born baby girl, now affectionately known as Lola, was the front page news over a decade ago that seems like yesterday...so I must admit, discovering her as the frontwoman for her own jewelry and clothing line (beside her mother of course-How's that for a type of mother/daughter bonding we'll all envy?) put me in sort of a timewarp!  After shaking off the shock of days gone by, I was finally able to focus my efforts on checking out the previews of the collection on http://blog.materialgirlcollection.com/.   

While the clothing will almost certainly channel a neo 80's vibe, the jewelry we are seeing so far appears to be a very eclectic costume mix.  Although the rings have been the most talked about, I'm liking the cuffs the most (since they can easily be worn by older women as well).   It should be interesting to see just what is released.  As marketing genius would have it, however, we must all wait until August 3rd to review the full collection, which is being exclusively launched at Macy's around 10am that morning.  The collection appears to be junior/contemporary focused.  I for one can't help wanting to check out Material Girl out on August 3rd anyway.  No matter how junior focused, if there are lace gloves involved, I'm probably in.  In the mean time, you can check http://www.jewelrydosedaily.com/ , http://www.materialgirlcollection.com/, or "like" Material Girl Collection on Facebook for updates on this much awaited entrant into today's always surprising fashion market.  I'm also personally wondering how much "Heart" we'll see in this collection.  If you have any thoughts pre-launch I'd love to hear them!

Picture Credit: http://blog.materialgirlcollection.com/

Comments

Popular Posts