Threaded Bangles Perfect for Brightening Up the Fall

Having a mother who was nationally recognized for her cross stitching talents meant my home was full of ultra-organized plastic containers of of thread in every color you could imagine.  Sure I was in friendship bracelet heaven, but what I loved most was the way the thread looked unused when wrapped around its flat cardboard spool and all lined up in tight rows against other spools.  Okay so I'm sure they weren't really "spools."  I'm sure there is another name for them.  Anyway, I always wanted to just mix and match spools in great color combinations.  The only problem was I couldn't quite figure out how to wear them thereafter.  Maybe I could've stuck them to myself 90's TLC style but I'm pretty sure making bangles like these would've been a much more chic idea.  You can build countless outfits around these, but I'm thinking a fall day full of ease with these paired with a boldly colored simple dress...you know, the kind that is short but not too short.

You can find these bangles at http://www.amiritasingh.com/ but I found them for 40% off on http://www.dia-boutique.com/ which is actually a pretty delicious online boutique all around.  

At 40% off they are still $60 so if you are looking for something for less you can try The Paula Bangle which is only $18 or DIY it anyone?:






Comments

am gutierrez said…
did we grow up with the same mother ? different households? love the threads on cardboard..amongst a million other highly organized things for creating in her "sewing room" !!
The above bangles are "bangin" - I wanna make some... is that stealing anothers idea? shhhh -
just kidding... love the colours and tactile threadiness ...thanks
Brady said…
Cool pieces. I think I'm going to attempt one of my own. Thanks for the inspiration =D
Anonymous said…
Great site. A lot of useful information here. I’m sending it to some friends!
Anonymous said…
:))

Popular Posts